- Product name: "TILE SLIP-STOP"(Anti-slip treatment for TILE)
- Usage : Prevention of slip/fall on floors of tile, marble, granite
- Application : bathroom, kitchen, swimming pool, hotel, hospital, office buildings etc.
TESTED MACHINE : AMERICAN SLIP METER for static coefficient of friction tester MODEL NO. ASM 725, SER. NO.72510603
- Sensor type : Neolite by ASTM C 1028-89 and ASTM F 609-79
- TREATING FLOOR MATERIAL: Normal Floor Tiles
- STATIC COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION(COF) tested:
- Before treatment of FLOOR SLIP-STOP : 0.3 - 0.4
- After treatment of FLOOR SLIP-STOP : 0.7 - 0.9
*The test results may very depending on kinds of materials and the manufacturers of tiles.
0.5 COF or above has been traditionally recognized as providing nonhazardous walkway surfaces. Source: ASTM D 2047-93 and the Slip and Fall Handbook,
Stephen I. Rosen, Hanrow Press.American with Disability Act and ATBCB recommend; 0.6 or above for walkways and 0.8 for ramps.